Thursday, January 21, 2010

Craig's Baby Shower

On Wednesday Jan. 20th the ladies at Craig's work gave us a baby shower. If you know Craig at all, you know he hates to be the center of attention. So although he appreciated the gesture he was dreading going. I wasn't for sure if I was going to go or not because it was in the middle of the day and his work is across town from mine. But I knew that he would appreciate me being there and he really needed me to be there to take some of the attention off of him. So after some sweet talking by Craig.....(he knows me too well) I decided to go. So the wonderful wife that I am ;) , I took a couple of hours of personal time and waddled my way over there.
Keep in mind I have never met any of the people that Craig works with. So the first time I am meeting them I am 9 months pregnant, swollen, needing a highlight job and waddling when I walk. Great way to make a first impression. Everyone was very nice and inviting. They had a cake and food for us. And the only rule was Craig had to open all the presents. Our little girl got some really cute outfits and a lot of diapers. :) After the shower Craig walked me around the store and introduced me to everyone. I am really glad that I went. And again, it was very overwhelming at how generous and kind everyone was. :) All 3 of us are very lucky!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad we FINALLY get to eat a watermelon - I was waiting! :)

    A word of advice - with little girls you get a TON of outfits. Save some of your least-favorite ones and don't take the tags off. If you have a children's consignment store near you, they LOVE new clothes with tags and will give you lots of credit for them.

    Then in 6-9 months or so, when she's growing out of all her clothes and you're not receiving quite as many gifts, you can use the credit to buy lots of new (gently used) clothes!

    Just a suggestion....

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does have a lot of outfits and I have only washed and cut the tags off of a few newborn stuff b/c I don't know what size she will be and if she will even wear all of them before she moves on to the next size.
    Thank you for the suggestion. Great idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete