Friday, January 15, 2010

38 Weeks

On Wednesday I was 38 weeks pregnant!! Only 2 weeks left....hopefully. ;) There isn't much change from last week. All our baby girl is doing now is putting on weight and preparing for survival on the outside. She now weighs about 6.8 pounds and measures about 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek ??). She now has a firm grasp, which she will be able to test when she grabs our hands for the first time. :) Her organs are matured and are now ready for life outside the womb.

Here lately I have been having trouble breathing and having chest pains. So yesterday I went to my family doctor and had some tests done. It turns out that my asthma is the cause. She said that my lungs were weak and that is causing the chest pains. Therefore we need to strengthen my lungs before I go into labor. So I now have 2 inhalers that I have to do 6 times a day. FUN!! But I don't care what I have to do as long as I can get a little more comfortable and breathe. :)

In honor of Baby Girl Wertz this week, have a leek?? :)

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, I found your blog on your facebook page. ;) I'm so excited for you, and I can't wait to find out what Baby Girl's name is! Good luck. Annie-Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie-Laurie. I'm so ready for her to be here. And I can't wait to see what she looks like and finally decide on her name. I'm glad you found my blog. I hope you keep up with us through the blog and on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete