Wednesday, December 16, 2009

34 Weeks

Today, Wednesday Dec. 16th, I am 34 weeks pregnant. Our baby girl now weighs about 4 3/4lbs (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers, which will help regulate her body temperature once she is born, are filling her out and making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. According to the baby center website, babies born between 34-37 weeks who have no other health problems, generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short term health issues, but in the long run they usually do as well as full term babies.


Lets hope and pray that she doesn't decide to get her until her due date. I am anxious to see her but I want everything to be developed and her to be as healthy as she can be. So I'm praying for Jan. 27th. :)




As for me, here lately I have been feeling a little more tired. I am mostly physically wore out. Plus I don't sleep that much as night so that is taking a toll on me too. I wonder when I will be able to get a good nights sleep again. :)


Craig and I are so excited for her to get here. We almost want the holidays to fly by just so she can get here faster.



I had a doctors appointment yesterday and everything looked normal. My blood pressure was 104/60 (a little low) and her heartbeat was 157bpm. My hands and feet are swelling more (I'm not able to wear my wedding ring anymore) but the doctor said she is not concerned because my blood pressure was low. She said that I will probably start to feel contractions and to just keep track of them and make sure they aren't consistent yet. My next appointment I will be meeting with another doctor that is in the practice just in case my doctor can not deliver me. WOW, its so weird to start talking about labor and preparing for it. I am so excited!!! :)



In honor of Baby Girl Wertz this week, have a cantaloupe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment