Thursday, November 12, 2009

November Doctors appointment

On Tuesday the 10th, I went to my monthly doctors appointment. This appointment was different because I had to take a diabetes test. I had to drink this sweet orange-like juice and then wait an hour and go back for them to take my blood. I still have not heard the results of the test, but I always say....no news is good news. :)
I also saw my OBGYN and we did our regular check-up. My blood pressure was good and I have no swelling.....yet. She measured my belly and everything is right on track. I also heard her heartbeat again....137bpm. Which is a good, strong, healthy heartbeat!! When the nurse put the monitor on my belly to hear her heartbeat, she kicked it. :) It was really funny b/c the nurse felt it. I think she's going to be a soccer player like her mom and uncle. :)

I also talked to my doctor about the H1N1 vaccine and as of this morning I have received the shot. She said it is completely safe for me and the baby and she highly recommended that I get it. I fell much better now that I have gotten it but Craig and I both will still be very careful this winter.

Now I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks. It's getting closer to time and they need to keep an extra close watch on the 2 of us. :) This weekend I am going home (Owensboro/Rockport) because my wonderful friend Chari and my wonderful mother and aunt are giving me baby showers. I can't wait to see everyone. I bet it will be a really emotional weekend!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment