Wednesday, November 18, 2009

30 Weeks

Today I am 30 weeks pregnant and I feel like I have hit a milestone or something. Only 10 weeks to go (as long as she doesn't come early).
She is now about 15.7 inches long and weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of a cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though its not very keen. Even after she is born she will keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them she will respond to changes in light but she will have 20/400 vision, which means she will only be able to make out objects a few inches from her face.

My belly is definitely getting bigger and is starting to get really heavy. It's getting harder to sleep and its making me have back pain. I have been experimenting with different ways to sleep to try to help the discomfort. But I know this is for a good reason and I don't mind. :)

In honor of Baby Girl Wertz this week, have a head of cabbage. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment