Thursday, November 12, 2009

29 Weeks

I know I am behind on updating my blog and I apologize to my followers. :) It is the busiest time of the year for us at work and I have had so many other things I need to get done after work.
On Wednesday, I was 29 weeks pregnant. Our baby girl now weighs 2 1/2 pounds, like a butternut squash and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, I'll need plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid and iron in this last trimester. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I'll need more calcium (yummmm hot chocolate with milk!) This last trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited into her hardening skeleton each day!
In honor of Baby Girl Wertz this week, have a butternut squash. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment