Wednesday, October 7, 2009

24 Weeks

Today, Oct. 7th, I am 24 weeks pregnant. The baby is really growing and so is my belly. The baby weighs over 1 pound and is about a foot long, the length of an ear of corn. The baby is lean but the body is filling out proportionally and he/she will soon start to plump up. His/Her brain is also growing quickly now, and the taste buds are continuing to develop. The lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his/her air sacs inflate once he/she hits the outside world. The skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

My belly is really growing, I feel like it gets bigger each day. Which is making it harder and harder to sleep. Which is getting me ready for when the baby comes, I assume. :) Other than not sleeping very well, I feel pretty good. I have a lot more energy lately, so I can't complain.

Tonight after dinner, Craig and I sat on the couch watching T.V. and the baby started kicking. So I took Craig's hand, thinking this time hopefully he could feel the baby. This is something that we have done a lot lately and unfortunately Craig never feels the baby. Well tonight almost as soon as his hand was on my belly, the baby kicked really hard and Craig felt it!! It was so exciting! He had the biggest smile on his face, he loved it! He thought it was really cool. :) I am so happy he finally got to feel our baby.

In honor of Baby Wertz this week, have an ear of corn. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment