Wednesday, October 14, 2009

25 Weeks/October Doctors Appointment


Today I am 25 weeks pregnant. The baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches long and weighs about 1 1/2 pounds, about as much as an average rutabaga. The baby will now start to gain body fat and his/her skin will start to smooth out and start to look more and more like a newborn. The baby is also starting to grow hair and if we could see inside the womb we could see the color and texture its going to be.
In honor of Baby Wertz this week, eat or cook with a rutabaga. I have no idea what one is or what you are supposed to do with it.
Fall has definitely hit Lexington. Its been colder and more fall like each day. This past weekend I got a cold and it has not been fun. At our appointment yesterday the doctor listened to my lungs and she said they sound clear, which is good. I am very nervous about getting the flu or this H1N1. And people around my office are getting bronchitis and pneumonia. When you are pregnant you immune system is weaker and you are more susceptible to things. So I have been very careful, washing everything, hand sanitizer, washing my hands. I am hoping I don't get anything this winter.
Craig and I had our October doctors appointment yesterday, Oct. 13th and had another ultrasound done. Please stay tuned for pictures and to find out the sex of the baby..................

2 comments:

  1. I am dying to find out what this baby is!!! Don't let us wait any longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so funny Blake. I am going to post pictures and the sex of the baby this morning. Also I wanted to tell you that I LOVE your blog. It has inspired me to make my cute. Thank you!! And I love reading all about the Templeton's. :)

    ReplyDelete