Wednesday, September 30, 2009

23 Weeks, Beginning of the 6th month

Today, Sept. 30th I am 23 weeks pregnant, the beginning of my 6th month! This baby is so active and I am loving every minute of it. In fact I would prefer the baby to kick me rather than not. :) People tell me that I will change my mind as the baby gets bigger because sometimes those kicks can really hurt.

Baby Wertz is over 11 inches long and weighs more than 1 pound, about as much as a large mango. Last night I could see the baby kick me in my stomach. It was so neat. Craig still has not felt the baby kick yet, but our friend Laura got to feel the baby kick the other night. :) Blood vessels in the babys lungs are developing to prepare for breathing and the baby can hear loud sounds. Hopefully these loud sounds, the vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, will become familiar to the baby so it will not faze him/her when they are in the outside world.

I am feeling pretty good. Having a little trouble sleeping but I guess that's just getting me prepared for when the baby arrives. :) I really can't complain because the 2nd trimester is going pretty smooth.

In honor of Baby Wertz this week, have a mango!!

No comments:

Post a Comment