Wednesday, September 23, 2009

22 Weeks

Today, Sept. 23rd, I am 22 weeks pregnant! The baby is 11 inches in length, (the length of a spaghetti squash) and weighs 1 pound. The baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His/Her lips, eyelids and eyebrows are becoming more distinct and he/she is developing tiny tooth buds beneath the gums. The eyes have formed but the irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside the womb you'd be able to spot the fine hair on the body and the deep wrinkles on the skin.

I am feeling the baby move more and more. This baby is very active. I love it!! If I put my hand on my belly you can feel when the baby kicks. Unfortunately Craig hasn't gotten to feel it yet.

Right now I am trying to come up with a good Halloween costume for a pregnant lady. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. :)
I am really looking forward to fall, probably because it's even closer to my due date. I know Craig and I will be very busy but I know I need to find some time to slow down and rest.

In honor of Baby Wertz this week, have a spaghetti squash. :)

2 comments:

  1. BumbleBee, Pumpkin, Angelina Jolie, Pregnant Nun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelina Jolie...good one. But I don't think I could pull off looking anorexic with a bloated stomach. My arms aren't that thin!
    I found one costume where I am an over with a bun in it and Craig is the Bun maker. HA HA! But it's so expensive to buy.

    ReplyDelete